Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy fetching Halloween, people.

I'm hoping things go better today than they did 


Last year, Halloween was rough.  If you want to read about my tiny little nervous breakdown, you should click on the link above.

I haven't lost any of my children yet, today. The day is still young, though. Young and toasty. It was 94 degrees yesterday. Which is too hot, for nearly November, you must agree. 

I should wear a bikini for my costume to make some sort of anti-heat political statement. Fans of both McCain and Obama could rally, sweaty-pitted, together, against the desert in which we reside, which is obviously getting us down. (And if something is getting us down, then it is up to the government to fix it, right-e-o? No, sorry, I'm being passive aggressive again. I'll stop.) But really, what use is there in punishing my fellow men, the already-suffering victims of our weather? I haven't been to the gym since I did some crazy yoga moves back in August, and yanked out my shoulder, so things are likely to be a little loose, if ya know what I mean. Plus, I'd need to buy a bikini, and I don't have time for bikini shopping this morning. 

Although, if I wear the bikini, I don't have to do the laundry until tomorrow.

HMMM.

Happy Halloween, people.

P.S. Coldplay's video for Lovers in Japan is free to download from Itunes right this minute. Sister-in-law Jane just emailed me!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

you could wear a gold bikini and go as Princess Leah!

Heidi said...

I feel for ya. It has been almost as hot here in my corner of California but a big storm blew in (blew, being the operative word here) last night and everybody's halloween decorations are down the street. If it's not one thing, it's the other! Happy Halloweein (oh, and if you do break down and wear a bikini, I wanna see pics!)

kitchenditcher said...

hmmmm...the thought of ME wearing a bikini would be a SCARY costume indeed!!

Happy Halloween!

Pancake said...

Me in a bikini.... Well, I guess it is fright night now isnt it!

Jolene said...

Why is it so hot? Why can't Fall come in September/October like it does in the rest of the country? Why do we have to wait until Christmas to get Fall? I'm sick of running my air conditioning!

I loved re-reading your tale of Tommy being left at home.

Janell said...

happy fetching halloween to you, too!!!! Hope it's better than last years all around!

Heather said...

Hope your day has been going well this year! I too wish it was more fallish! Better gear up for our weekend full of meetings! :)
I agree with the first comment, GO princess leah, come on Kelly.

melissabastow said...

Booo - it's me in a bikini!!! This is the part where your eyeballs burst into flames and you live the rest of your life with the torturous images of seeing too much of my flesh. It's probably good that it's cold here...

nevadanista said...

Oh man! That's too hot for all the trick-or-treating chocolate! I don't like chocolate to melt on my fingers while I'm eating it. Try to stay cool!

Beeswax said...

Oh my! I should get the princess leah costume and wear it to Stake Conference. But then you'll need to get a new counselor in the Primary, Heather, cause I'll be kicked out on my gold lame (not lame, la-may, I don't know how to add an accent mark) arse.

Alyson | New England Living said...

Wow! In the 90's? Is this normal?

I think you should totally strut your stuff in the a bikini. That won't embarrass your kids at all.

Lorie said...

I am all for the bikini protest! It was TOO HOT here on Halloween. Still is too hot.

Julie said...

So? How was you Halloween? I beginning to think it wasn't a good one as we have not yet heard from you...please, fill us in!!

Carol said...

I have to agree with her thinking. Full size is the real fun size. I don't like my chocolate any other way.