Thursday, October 25, 2007

Recipe emails : my life :: Iron Chef : my TIVO

So, Hailey (http://haileytracks.blogspot.com/) tagged me! This is a first, so I think I'll participate, and even pass it on! I'm not very good at passing things along like those recipe emails (you know, send your favorite veal recipe to the first 20 people on the list and you will have an inbox full of veal ideas for yourself in 24 hours! Do it or you'll be run over by a dump truck within the week). I don't ignore them because I am against them in principle (aside from the threats on my life), but because I give them very low priority (even lower than cleaning my tile grout with a toothbrush). Iron Chef is low priority in my season pass list, but it sometimes gets recorded unless it interferes with Masterpiece Theatre or House Hunters International. I like Iron chef (especially that cute Asian guy who is the chairman's nephew), but not every show can get the top slot. What if Iron Chef was on Thursday night? It might show up on Now Playing only once or twice a year.

I do realize this entire analogy will be defunct if/when we figure out how to TIVO two shows at once.

Here goes:
1-Link to your tagger (like I did with Hailey), and also post these rules on your blog
2-Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird
3-Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs
4- Let them know they are TAGGED by leaving a comment on their blog

So, 7 facts...
1. I've already disclosed that I watch Masterpiece Theatre and Iron Chef America. I'm sure many of you will consider that random and weird.

2. My wing span is 6'2". It is supposed to be your height (I'm 5'9"), but I am apparently more like my chimp cousins than the average Homo sapiens.

3. I'm a Halloween Grinch. I wouldn't mind if we skipped all the candy and went straight to the Turkey. The kids have been needling me for weeks about their costumes and decorating the house. You know how some people have lights and headstones and goblins in their front yards? Or maybe they stay more traditional and put some pumpkins on the porch? Well, here is what the Beesons did last night:

The kids were appeased, but not at all fooled. They know I'm a Halloween underachiever.

As long as I am making Halloween confessions, I'll tell you I steal all the banana laffy taffy out of their pumpkins at night (now they they are too smart to believe me when I tell them, "it is a choking hazard and I'll need to confiscate it. This is for your own safety!").

4. At this very moment, my kitchen sink is full of dirty dishes.

5. I tell people I am left-handed, but I am actually mixed-handed, or have cross-dominance. I can easily learn new skills with either hand, although I would prefer the left. To fit in in this right-handed world, I have learned to cut with scissors, use a computer mouse, sew, and play the guitar right-handed. When I try to do these things left-handed now, it feels awkward. I can bat or throw a ball equally terribly with either hand.

6. I love sandwiches. I'm always looking for the next great sandwich. If you encounter a delicious sandwich, please tell me, and I will eat it.

7. I collect coats. In colder climates, it wouldn't be a collection, but just my winter wardrobe. But here in Phoenix, one sweater (with a long-sleeved t-shirt under it, if it is really chilly) will pretty much cover 99% of your winter weather needs. So why, then, do I keep buying them? My Mom has the same problem and is feeding the addiction. She bought me this little button-front, belted,wool beauty (right) at the Barney's outlet in Carlsbad last week (It still needs to go to the tailor to get the sleeves lengthened). At least it will get some air time when we go to New York in January!

Okay, here are the 7 people I tag:
Jake http://diversifiedbeeson2.blogspot.com/
Goodness sakes, Hailey! This is taking awhile! Now I have to go leave 7 comments? When am I supposed to do my dishes?

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Oh, I love that coat!!! SO darn cute!!!

Lizzie said...

I am still working on the celebrity thing. I am slowly adding to drafts as I remember and have time...so I will get my 7 in sometime.

Hailey said...

Banana Laffy Taffy? Really? Good to know--I will save up all the ones we accumulate and bring them for Christmas. And then you can show me your coat collection and I will salivate...