Friday, May 08, 2009

I WON, peoples! And book club = free therapy + treats!

I WON

(I will NEVER let the fame and fortune change me! 
Unless it wants to make me just a few pounds lighter, or give me a hair makeover, or feet that aren't so skinny and long they look like skis! I would love to wear regular people shoes!)

Jake texted me at book club last night to tell me the news! 

Yes, I was still at book club at midnight!
Course I was!
The chimichangas weren't yet gone!
(But the brownies were!)

And we were still talking about The Alchemist! (Which we all liked!)
Among other things!
No, I'm not gonna tell you what!
I might get kicked out of book club!
A club we've had every month for like 7 years!
Somebody correct me if I am wrong about when we started book club!

Anyhow, book club is super fun!
Every girl (or relatively foxy middle-aged lady) should have a book club!
Even if they don't like books!
But I totally do!
So is perfect club for me!

Thanks for all the votes! 
(And to my Campaign Manager, Jake, and the brains behind the operation, Jane and Ally! Okay, fine, there wasn't any sort of operation. It just feels like in a speech like this, I should name someone. You know. By NAME. So, Mom and Dad, thanks for trying to check that tiny box on your iphones! Was very tricky!)

So anyhow, I haven't won anything in like 2 decades!
Is very thrilling!

Oh, yeah! Please write comments in the form of an exclamation!

18 comments:

jt said...

woo hoo! i knew you would. great writing + funny +foxy = winner.

I really liked that book too. I agree, every girl needs a book club.

congrats!!

Jodie said...

Congratulations! What a small world we live in. Thank you for your comment about Brad. He truly was a great person with a big heart. I know his wife and girls are very proud of him and all that he accomplished in his short time here with us.

The Fear Fam said...

Congratulations! I will have a box of Junior Mints in your honor.

deb@virginia blue said...

Congratulations!!
You absolutely deserve the win!

AND, you've totally inspired me to think about starting a book club here! Hopefully, I can get some other foxy middle-aged women to be interested, too!

(how did I do with the exclamation marks?)

Wonder Woman said...

Yay for Bees!!

You completely deserve it!

!!!!!!!!!

CassiB said...

Yay!!! Congrats!!!! I knew you could do it!!! The other girls were good, but you're just better!!!! So glad for you!!! and I love book club too!!! even though ours is only a few months old!!!

SBrooks said...

WHOOOO HOOOO! YOU GO GIRL! CONGRATS ON SUCH AN ACCOMPLISHMENT!

Heidi said...

I guess this is a good time to reveal that I voted for you. I feel badly about it b/c I have a loyal commentor who was also in the competition but hey, I love me a good Beeswax post (and they're all good).

Bee said...

I didn't even read any of the other contenders; but did not consider this to be a form of cheating. Felt sure that you were the funniest and the best.

Diamond in the Rough said...

Congrats! I love reading your blog. It's amazing!!

Cynthia said...

Woo Hoo! Congrats to you!

JenniferB said...

Today's post is compelling news! Congratulations!

melissabastow said...

"Wow!!!" I exclaimed, in comment form, just previous to clicking the 'publish your comment' button while simultaneously scratching my nose, but not picking, just SCRATCHING, so stop judging me already.

Lisa said...

Woo Hoo!!

Woo Hoo!!

...and in case you missed it...Woo HOO!!!!!

Shelley said...

Found you at MMB! You made me laugh! Thanks!

acte gratuit said...

Okay, first of all, you won a book from my blog not two months ago. Not a page-turner, granted, but still...a free book.

And secondly, you should have linked to my freakin' awesome youtube video "Big in Japan" if you wanted to link to a youtube video of Big in Japan.

I mean, I don't mean to be a high maintenance blog friend who you don't even actually know, but REALLY!!! Sometimes I MUST put my virtual foot down!!!

acte gratuit said...

Oh, and CONGRATS!!!!
Do you get money, or what?

James and Summer said...

Love!, LOVE!!!!! the book - The Alchemist. Must read once a year in one sitting - even if kids eat dry pasta out of box for sustenance. JK - love to cook to much to let them do that.
Your blog is fall out of my seat laughing - good kind of entertainment! Happy to have found it and begin the blog stalking!
and CONGRATS! just found you because you WON!!!!