Tuesday, May 12, 2009

So you wanna see my husband in a backwards Victoria Beckham wig? I thought so.


Okay, but first you have to look at photos from Women's Conference. 
I totally lured you in here, huh? 
And now you are stuck, like a fly in my web!

Blondes have more fun? BAH! Mareen (Mom), Beeswax, sister Jen, friends Sarah and Kristie. At the back row of the Smith Fieldhouse, waiting for Mary Ellen Edmunds to tell us how to sell our summer homes in Babylon. We thought we needed some help, cause this ain't a seller's market. Don't get me wrong, lotsa people want in, they just can't qualify for the loans. So I think most of us will need to short sale our Babylonian properties, rent them out in the high season, or just walk away, and lose them in foreclosure. But who knows? Mary Ellen did not end up treating the subject as a real estate seminar. Go figure.


Cuzzins Beeswax, Hailey, Melly, and Jen, after Hailey pretty much stole the show as Celia in As You Like it (at the Hale in Orem). Sometimes, life isn't fair. Some girls get to have four kids, and still get to look 16 and wear a wedding dress 3 nights a week. Does that van look like it is in reverse? Apparently am lucky am not dead!

Beeswax, Sarah, Jen, and Kristie, post-play.


 Marla, Aunt Sherry, Mom. Before the WC, my my found her friend from Junior High, Marla, who had been lost since she got in a car accident on the way to Mom's wedding in 1972. Turns out, she's been living right here in Orem for over 30 years! (No, she wasn't totally lost. She didn't have amnesia or anything. This isn't Days of Our Lives. Was only my Mom who couldn't find her.) I can't get this to stop underlining.

Happy Mother's Day to me. After Church, Ross (big one) stripped down to his undies, then came out of his room with only two nerf guns and a belt with a holster. Boys are awesome. Which reminds me...

Jake found the Vicky B. wig at his Mom's house. He liked it backwards so it looked more like a mullet. Those are my sunglasses. Sorry about the poor photography, but I was too lazy to get up off the couch. It WAS Mother's Day, you know.

14 comments:

Barbaloot said...

Basically, I didn't see the 'Beckham' part of your title, and was expecting a picture of your husband with some stacked high, hoity-toity wig. I'm kind of bummed that that's not how it ended up.

Beeswax said...

Is possible I could talk him into that later. Will see what I can do. Anybody out there have a QUEEN Victoria wig I can borrow?

Heidi said...

He carries it off so well!

Varney Family said...

I LOVE the mullet! So glad you had fun at WC.

Anonymous said...

Could your hub be any hotter? That wig may put him over the top!

deb@virginia blue said...

Love the wig!

And can I just tell you how stunningly gorgeous you are?

So glad you ladies had fun at Women's Conference =)

Claire said...

Your husband has a handsome jaw.

pan x 8 said...

I love it when hubbys act silly and pull it off as cool! ;p Fun times with your family and friends!

Mama-Face said...

Who doesn't have a Queen Victoria wig? No way am I gonna let you borrow it; you guys would look way too gorgeous in it. You are really really ridiculously good looking. both of you.

BTW, W.C., so close yet so far away.

Anonymous said...

I will try any wig/sunglass/predatory mammal shirt combo, and dominate them.
-Beeswax husband.

Gini said...

That's my boy!!! He has always been "Joe Cool"!!

Kari said...

Good to know Jake has a back-up plan, should any of his already rather handsome salt-and-pepper come loose.

Kari said...

Oh, and debilyn . . . beeswax is ridiculously beautiful--in person, on film, on crap phone pictures. It's true.

Beeswax said...

Oh, you guys! Stop! (no, don't stop!) Ridiculously good looking? Well, Jake likes to call that look Blue Steel...